Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pants malfunction, and other

[no title]

Honestly, I don't understand how it is that I've started to forget the zipper portion of dressing these days. I swear I've discovered my zipper being down twice this week, and multiple times this summer. Today, I went to the washroom at 1 PM, and discovered another instance--I'm sure a result of morning forgetfulness. I blame the Gap: too many button closures, slide hooks and belt clasps to deal with. Hello, Gap? Less fancy on the closure design next season, ok?

 
A very non-cute display of the Summer Sampler

Yesterday brought my susbscription to the Summer Sampler to the door. I've been crazy excited in anticipation of the delivery of this package since May, so things have been building. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but I feel I was waiting for something more thrilling.  There were a few things that I liked, but as I was going through it, I kept on thinking "what am I going to do with all this stuff?"  Trinkets galore.  And a 20 plus ziploc bags!  Ziploc bags, I believe, are an integral element of the Sampler.

 
16 Sparrows note card and lip balm 

 
From Beccalights, a seriously addictive scented candle

 
My cat has a real hate-on for this giant cloth bone

Of course, there are a few items that really grabbed me.  I'd expected to get lots edgy, quirky, well-made items, and I'm super happy with what came from 16 Sparrows.  I just had a look at her store, and after a quick tour, I think I'm instantly hooked on Kathy's blog.  Such cute stuff!  I think she'd like my retro board game collection.  

0 comments:

 
Blog Template based on Delicious Design Studio