Monday, July 18, 2005

Help?

Hello? Anyone out there have a copy of Debbie Bliss Cotton Knits for All Seasons? I started these lace and bobble boots last night, and the pattern's causing me grief. For the top section, the instructions refer to a Pattern 25, and a Pattern 33, which I truly don't understand. It seems to me that the instructions for these patterns are missing. Is it me? Am I missing something?

I've read and re-read, and still don't get it. If you can lend a hand, please do. Much appreciated.

5 comments:

kris said...

i don't have that book at all, so i'm just taking a wild guess here, but could it be that she's using "pattern" as a verb and it acutally means "work in pattern for 33/25 stitches"? does that make sense in context?

cmeknit said...

Yes, that is my vote as well...do the pattern for 33 or 25 sts. I have many of her books, but not that particular one. Those booties are sooooo cute!

Anna said...

Thanks for the tips--I'll have a look at it tonight. If memory recalls, the pattern reads something like this: Pattern 25, K1, yf, etc...

We shall see.

Anna said...

Wow, so simple, how'd I miss that? You're both exactly right, thanks again for the help!

goodkarma said...

I'm so glad you figured out the problem; those booties are absolutely gorgeous.

 
Blog Template based on Delicious Design Studio